At Thomas the Plumber, I recommend annual service and maintenance of your sump pump system. During your service visit, I will perform the following services:
Sump Pump Repair Services Provided
- Test & Clean Your Sump Pump System: Your sump pump consists of many moving parts that can wear down or need replacement. I will begin by checking your sump pump’s float switch and intake for any possible problems. After this, the intake valve and impeller will be cleaned and checked to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Once I find if the pump is working correctly, the sump pump liner will be cleaned of any sediment or silt that may be present. This important step will keep it from building in the future and potentially clogging check valves, etc.
- Test & Replace Batteries: The battery in your Sump Pump Alarm should be replaced once a year, and the service technician will take care of this during the visit.
Additionally, the battery for your backup sump pump will be tested to make sure it’s holding a proper charge.
- Service Your Dehumidifier: Dehumidifiers include two filters that will need to be maintained. The pre-filter can be cleaned, while the air filter will be replaced.
- Check the Discharge Line: I’ll check the discharge line to ensure that water is freely moving through the discharge line. We also check for the potential for freezing.
- Maintain Your Crawl Space Liner: If you’ve repaired and sealed your crawlspace, I will check the liner and any other components installed in your crawl space.
- Check For Problems & Suggest Upgrades: Often, I will see signs of newly emerging problems that may not have existed before and they can suggest and/or implement solutions that will address these issues proactively.
I’m always expanding our product line to help keep your basement or crawl space dry! Thomas the Plumber should be your only call for sump pump repairs Baltimore.
Sump Pump Battery Backup
If you don’t have a battery backup sump pump installed in your home, even a properly functioning sump pump system will fail if there’s a power outage or blown fuse.
Sump pumps are generally used where basements often flood, sump pumps send water away from the house to a less problematic area. Usually hardwired into a home’s electrical system a sump pump may have a battery backup.
The home’s pressurized water supply powers some pumps and eliminated the need for electricity. Since a backup is so important repairing or replacing a broken or faulty pump should be done quickly and by a professional.
Your service visit is a great time to have a battery backup added. Ask me more for details!
Sump Pump Repair Baltimore? Call Thomas The Plumber today 443-987-3535 or complete our free plumbing estimate form.